Our History

The Retreat Center has been a part of the fabric of life in New Orleans for over 50 years, and is regarded as holy ground by all those who have been coming here over the years to make a retreat. It was built in 1958 by the Cenacle sisters to provide a spiritual sanctuary for women who wanted to spend quiet time in prayer and meditation. In October of 2013, the Cenacle Sisters ended their apostolate here.  The Archdiocese of New Orleans purchased the property from the Cenacle sisters and restarted operations in November of 2013.

Advisory Board

 Rev. Joe Krafft, Paul Breaux,Jane Hebert, Nick LaFranz, Vince Liberto, Juanita Marino, Susan Rodriguez, Dr. Sheryl Smith and Linda Sunseri           

Our Staff

                   Executive Director: Dr. Paul Ceasar

                   Ministry Team Members: Noel Delery, Agnes Bitature

                   Retreat/Hospitality Coordinator: Susan Halligan

                   Operations Coordinator: Wade LeBrun
                        
                   Administrative Assistant/Finance: Kim Gandolfi
 
                   Development Coordinator: Constance Buisson
 
                   Coordinator of Ministry Development: Brother Stephen Synan
 
                   Admin. Asst. to the Staff: Lila Crotty

                   Kitchen: Martha Alexander, Denise McCrainey

                   Dining Room: Ramona Ford, Abbie Martin

                   Maintenance: Randy Lyons

                   Housekeeping: Deborah Sclafani-Liuzza, Irene Gaspard